[Zope] dtml-tree and keeping nodes open

Andreas Leitner nozone@sbox.tugraz.at
14 Jan 2002 02:53:44 +0100

Hi,

I have done a navigation tree similar to what the zope management screen
has. I have a tree of objects the user may navigate to. At the left he
sees the content of the objects, at the right he sees a <dtml-tree> of
all the folders and pages.

Now, unlike the management screen, I do not want to use frames. So what
I do currently is to include a special dtml-method (which contains
nothing but the tree tag) in every page via <dtml-var ...>

Everything is fine, except that after every click to the tree, all the
nodes colapse again. This is not exactly the behaviour I would like to
see. I would want to keep the state of the tree-tag. It has probably
s.th. to do with me not using frames and the tree tag tracking it's
state via the url it is contained in as key.

Now, how (other than using frames) can I overcome this problem?

many tia,
Andreas