[Zope] ERROR(200) ZODB ---- setstate errors

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:20:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 6:30 PM

> Hi Dario,
>
> This is a recurring bug... we've seen this before usually
> related to mounted storages.  But it has only been evident
> in the log and hasn't ever really created a "showstopper"
> for anybody before.  Does it cause your application to stop
> functioning in some way?

hm... well, maybe I was a bit too worried and premature in my judgement of
this error. We have several problems in our app right now, and when this
error suddenly started appearing it figured something wird was going on - we
are having re-occurring problems with zope dumping core several times a day
and it giving s strange errors and tracebacks, and I put this in connection
with that. However, each time we get a maximum recursion error (which I am
tryong to track down why) it is connected with a setstate error.

When we get it, we don't get only one entry, we get lots and lots and lots
of them occurring
at the same time. I was watching the stupid log file with tail -f and the
ouput wnet on for like 4 seconds.

> Also, did you by any chance use this Data.fs under a beta
> version of Zope 2.5?

nope, this is our main development data.fs, only zope 2.4.3...

I will search the list as per Dieter's suggestion and see what I can come up
with.

/dario