[Zope] Real Container of a dtml-method

Andreas Leitner nozone@sbox.tugraz.at
14 Jan 2002 21:29:31 +0100

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 19:57, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Andreas Leitner writes:
>  > How can I find the real container of a given dtml-method.
>  > <dtml-var expr="aq_parent"> only gives me the aquired parent, which is
>  > not always what i want. I would like to know the folder where the
>  > dtml-method I am in is actually stored.
> You must use an External Method (or other file system based code
> or XXXPythonScript). There, you can use:
>
>    object.aq_inner.aq_parent
>
> This gives you the "object"s container.

I see. It is a bit confusing for me to know what attributes and methods
work where (dtml, Product, external-method). I cannot really seem to
find a complete API reference. Does it exist? The API in the appendix of
the Zope book seems to ignore some pretty interesting details (like I
have not found anything with "aq_" in there)

Or even better, is there some way to introspect the current namespace?
For example I would like to be able to print out all methods and
variables accessible for a certain dtml-method/script/Product.

Or am I missing something obvious?

tia,
Andreas