[Zope] problems with NT services

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:24:07 -0000

--On 14 January 2002 17:15 +0100 "Cully, Christopher [OCDGB]"
<CCully@ocdgb.JNJ.com> wrote:

> I've been experiencing problems with my installation of Zope. the
> installation itself is run on an NT 4.0 server, and I'm having trouble
> starting the service so that I can use the system from my own
> workstation. Since you have produced a how-to about installing and
> upgrading Zope, I thought someone might be able to help.
>

>  basically, whenever I try to start the service, I get the following
>  windows message:
>
>  Error 2140: Internal Windows NT error has occurred.
>
> This started happening for no apparent reason earlier today, and I am at
> a loss to explain it. has anyone ever had any experience of such a
> problem, or do you know someone I can get into contact with regarding the
> problem. Since there has been rather a lot of work done on the web site
> since the last backup, I would be reluctant, if at all possible, to
> reinstall Zope altogether, however any assistance anyone can give me
> would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher:

Not seen this before. I would suggest:

* installing a fresh Zope (in different directory with different "website"
  (i.e. service) name
* see if you get the same error
* if you don't see the error copy Data.fs and any Products you have
installed
  across to the new installation and hope it all works
* if you still see the error then I'd think about migrating to another
machine
  if that's an option

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/