[Zope] zope services...

Cully, Christopher [OCDGB] CCully@ocdgb.JNJ.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:55:33 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DBB.89AB88D0

I've been running Zope for quite a while now, for a site that I 'inherited'
when a guy from work left last year. The HTTP port was always 9080, and I
never experienced any problems. I recently ran into problems with the site
(see "[ZOPE] problems with NT services" which appears to have been posted by
Andy McKay on my behalf) on advice from a couple of people, I've tried
re-installing Zope in a different folder and copying the "Data.fs" file into
the installation. however, since I have another Zope Service running on the
default (8080) port, I cant access the problem site, and cant turn off the
working site for other reasons.

basically, the question is 'how do I change the HTTP port on the server, so
that I can run two Zope Services (at the moment, I have a path of
"http://[servername]:8080" for both installations]?

also, if the reinstallation and copying of Data.fs doesn't work (or if
someone out there knows a better way of fixing' the problem) is there
anything else I can do to get rid of the 'Error 2140: an internal windows NT
error has occurred' message that I get when I try to start the old service
on port 9080?

any assistance would be greatly appreciated

regards

Chris Cully

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DBB.89AB88D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.19">
<TITLE>zope services...</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I've been running Zope for quite a =
while now, for a site that I 'inherited' when a guy from work left last =
year. The HTTP port was always 9080, and I never experienced any =
problems. I recently ran into problems with the site (see &quot;[ZOPE] =
problems with NT services&quot; which appears to have been posted by =
Andy McKay on my behalf) on advice from a couple of people, I've tried =
re-installing Zope in a different folder and copying the =
&quot;Data.fs&quot; file into the installation. however, since I have =
another Zope Service running on the default (8080) port, I cant access =
the problem site, and cant turn off the working site for other =
reasons.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">basically, the question is 'how do I =
change the HTTP port on the server, so that I can run two Zope Services =
(at the moment, I have a path of &quot;<A HREF=3D"http://" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://</A>[servername]:8080&quot; for both =
installations]?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">also, if the reinstallation and =
copying of Data.fs doesn't work (or if someone out there knows a better =
way of fixing' the problem) is there anything else I can do to get rid =
of the 'Error 2140: an internal windows NT error has occurred' message =
that I get when I try to start the old service on port 9080?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">any assistance would be<I> greatly</I> =
appreciated</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">regards</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Chris Cully</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C19DBB.89AB88D0--