[Zope] MailHost Question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:19:29 +0100

Michael writes:
 > I'm trying to set up a mail form that has file upload capabilities.  I'm
 > using the code below and it works, but one has to enter the filename manually
 > to get it to show up by the attachment icon.  Is there any way to have the
 > file name automagically entered?
 >
 > <dtml-boundary type="application/octet-stream" disposition="attachment"
 > encode="base64" filename_expr="doc_name"> <dtml-var
 > expr="resume_file.read()"></dtml-mime>
 >
 > I know I can use filename_expr="resume_file.getId() if I'm using a  document
 > from Zope, but I would like an anonymous user to be able to use this as well.
Hm.

Your problem is difficult to understand:

  Usually "getId" i callable by "Anonymous". Why are you worried?

  Usually, using a "MailHost" is protected quite heavily.
  You either must relax the protection (making your site open
  for email abuse) or use a Proxy role. But in the second
  case, you can use 'Manager' such that you can call
  any non-private method.

So, what does not work?

Dieter