[Zope] External Method and Nested ZClasses

Chris Bruce chrisabruce@yahoo.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:29:33 -0800 (PST)

I have looked at the following example for adding a ZClass in an
EXTERNAL METHOD from (http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/addZClasses):
--------------
  def addAMyZClass(self, id, REQUEST=None):
      """ """
      # Get the actual destination object, using the this()
      # method, to be sure we get it in the right context..
      self=self.this()

      # Create the new instance
      newob=self.Control_Panel.Products.MyProduct.MyZClass(id)
      newob._setId(id)

      # Set properties based on the contents of the Add form
      newob.propertysheets.Basic.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)

      # Add a new Folder to the new instance
      newob.manage_addFolder('foobar')

      # Add the new instance to the target object
      self._setObject(id, newob)

      return 'OK!'
------------------

But, how do you add a nested ZClass.  For instance, if MyNestedZClass
was a zclass inside of MyZClass?  I have tried:
newob=self.Control_Panel.Products.MyProduct.MyZClass.MyNestedZClass(id)
But it gives me an attribute error for MyNestedZClass. I have searched
and experimented, but I can seem to get a reference to the Nested
ZClass.  This seems very easy in DTML, but I can't figure it out for
external method.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris