[Zope] Need Caching advice for CMF site ...

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:50:28 +0000

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:20:41 -0600, Lynn Walton <waltonl@franklin.edu>
wrote:

>For instance in a client .. under database management, cache parameters
>I see this (which I've never messed with so it must be by default):
>
>Total number of objects in the database             20518
>Total number of objects in all caches                    2100
>Target Size
>400
>Target max time between accesses                           60
>
>Can someone point me to understanding if this level of caching stops the
>client from making the trip to the ZODB on the ZEO Server.

That stops Zope needing to talk to its storage (FileStorage or ZEO
ClientStorage), then unpickle the result, for every object access.

The http client is not involved in this level.

ps interesting numbers. How many publisher threads do you have? (thats
-T on the command line)

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com