[Zope] Static fail-over

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:18:04 +1100

>>> Terry Hancock wrote
> I have a Zope site which I'm doing a lot of development
> on, and all internal safeguards aside, I feel there's a
> significant chance of wrecking Zope in the process. Then
> it might take anywhere from hours to days to get it back
> up again.

Aside from making sure you have a sane development and
deployment process, you could consider using a load balancer,
set up to point to the primary (development?) server normally,
and switching it to a backup one when things fail. There's
a bunch of hardware or software ones - I've used both. Hardware's
better, obviously, but you could consider something like the
tool 'balance' from balance.sf.net

Anthony