[Zope] question about using parameters and action converters together

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:56:55 +0100

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL writes:
 > This is working:
 > <input type="submit" value="do-something!" name="apythonscript:method">
 >
 > but this not:
 > <input type="submit" value="do-something!" name
 > ="apythonscript?number=4:method">

When you use "number" only in this action, then you could use
a hidden variable.

When you are ready to use JavaScript, you can use a hidden variable
even if "number" is used in different actions with different values.
You would set the hidden variable's value through JavaScript.

Then you can use the "traversal_subpath" binding of Python Scripts.
This would allow you to use:

     <input ... name="apythonscript/4" ...>
or
     <input ... name="apythonscript/number=4" ...>
or
     <input ... name="apythonscript/number/4" ...>

and find in your "traversal_subpath" ['4'], ['number=4'] or
['number','4'], respecitvely.

Finally, you can look at my Dispatcher Product

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Dieter