[Zope] Adding a Factory results in a new ZCatalog index type

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 05:50:43 +0100

dear lennart, dear dieter,

thank you for help, but i think there is some kind of
misunderstanding... maybe my english is not so well... sorry for that.

in short-terms: when i add a simple new product with a "add list name"
like TEST (as described in the Zope Book), then 'TEST' will be displayed
in the list of INDEX-Types in a ZCatalog ('TextIndex',
'KeyWordIndex','PathIndex','FieldIndex' and 'TEST'!!!!!!!!!). that's
what i don't want.

in long-terms:

what do i do (i would be glad if someone could test this on his own
machine and report what happens, would take only a minute..:-)) (there's
no use in this product, it's only to reproduce the effect very quick...;-)):

1. Take a fresh install of Zope 2.4.3 or 2.5.0b4 (you can surely use
your configured install, this is only to avoid mistakes caused by other
products or so.)
2. Go to the Product-Management and add a new Product (call it TheTest
or something)
3. Enter the new product 'TheTest'
4. Add a DTML-Method with id = hello (don't change the source) in the
product 'TheTest'
5. Add a Zope Factory with id = TheFactory, Add list name = TEST,
Initial method = hello
6. Now create a ZCatalog somewhere in your Root-Folder or elsewhere or
enter an existing ZCatalog
7. Enter the ZCatalog and CLICK ON THE INDEXES-Tab (!!!!!!!!!!!!)
8. Now pull down the "Select type to add..."-Menu.

In my Menu are now:

FieldIndex
KeywordIndex
PathIndex
TEST        <-- That's what i don't want here
TextIndex

My question is: what do i have to do, that this does not happen, because
it's a little bit confusing, because TEST is not an Indexer at all...

I've tested this on 2.4.3 and 2.5.0b4... fresh installs, same results.

thank you  for your further help in advance.

greetings,

maik jablonski