[Zope] Problems with data integrity after packing Data.fs

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:02:00 +0100

Hi,

did anybody ever encounter problems when packing the database?

I think I noticed the following:

I had a ZClass, changed its implementation quite often, renamed it to
blahBackup, recreated a ZClass with the old name and copied / pasted
functionality from backup to the new ZClass. This one now works.

But: After packing the database, there was a property in my ZClass which
wasn't there anymore before packing - this property existed in one of
the prior versions of the class.
Fortunately, I was able to fix it very quickly, but could it have mixed
up more than just that method? This would be perfidious...

P.S.: I never played with the Class ID (that long code in Basic tab), so
that shouldn't be the problem.

Is this a bug or what?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the error.

Should I put that into the collector?

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.com

T-Systems, debis Systemhaus GEI GmbH, Geschaeftsstelle Sachsen