[Zope] Problem with VirtualHostMonster response

Ewoud de Boer edeboer@ision.nl
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:12:53 +0100

I have a strange problem. To access Zope I use an apache rewrite rule:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:80>
	DocumentRoot /var/www/hosts/www.dbde.nl/
        ServerName www.dbde.nl
        RewriteEngine On
        ReWriteRule ^/zope(.*)
http://www.dbde.nl:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.dbde.nl:80/dbde/VirtualHost
Root/$1
</VirtualHost>

This process works fine. I have a VirtualHostMonster in my Zope root, and
the folder dbde is present. When I type the URL www.dbde.nl/zope i get
directed to the right directory, but not all the content can be displayed
and the URL is not rewritten in the webpage that is the result. It is:
http://www.dbde.nl:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.dbde.nl:80/dbde/VirtualHost
Root/. Apparantly Zope can interpret the VirtualHostRoot but not the other
part. You can try it for yourself on the link above. I already tried a
complete new install of Zope, but to no avail. What is the cause of this and
how can it be solved?

Regards,

Ewoud de Boer