[Zope] Zope's database capability

Tom Nixon tom.nixon@aim23.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:25:10 -0000

I am in the process of evaluating Zope and so far it looks great.

I have one question about Zope's database: How does it compare in
performance to a relational database server? I am think about a scenario
such as a recruitment site with a large database of jobs and candidates.
Would the Zope database manage it OK or is it normal to run a database
server such as mySQL alongside it for the heavy-duty stuff? Is it
possible to build complex queries on the Zope database? Has anyone had
any experience of building a big database-driven site in Zope, and if so
did you build it all using the Zope database?

OK, so that turned into more than one question, but any comments would
be gratefully received (I am hoping to be persuaded that Zope is great)

Cheers

Tom.