[Zope] What's the type of something marshalled to a "record"?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 21:49:16 +0100

Jean Jordaan writes:
 > Short version of my question: how do I know when a form variable
 > has been marshalled to a record? _.same_type(var, ????)
The form variables and their type are usually part of the actions interface.

  Usually, you do not check whether the form designer used ":record"
  or not, but you require him to do that.

Maybe because of this, there is no easy way to check
for "recordness". If you really want to check it, you can
create a record in an External Method and use "same_type":

       (in an ExternalMethod):

       from ZPublisher.HTTPRequest import record

       def getRecordInstance():
         '''return an empty 'record' instance.'''
	 return record()

Dieter