[Zope] TinyTable versus TinyTablePlus (Was: Clever solution wanted)

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:31:02 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Tille, Andreas writes:
>  > On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>  > > I did not yet work (seriously) with it, but the product
>  > > "TinyTable[Plus]" may be what you look for.
>  > I found TineTable at
>  >      http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/TinyTable
>  > which seems to be the easiest solution for me (not only because it is
>  > just packaged for Debian).  But what means the additional "[Plus]"?
>  > TinyTable seems in fact a little bit old and never became "stable"
>  > regarding to the page above.  Is there another source for this?
> You do not seriously expect me to searchthe mailing list archives
> and Zope.org for you, do you?
Sorry, surely not.  I just was looking for a clarification what would
be the "suggested" TinyTable for a production environment:

   http://www.zope.org/Members/tsarna/TinyTable  :

       Release       Version                 Date        Size
       TinyTable     Beta 2   (Development)  1999/09/20  11376 bytes

   http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/TinyTablePlus  :

       Release                Version        Date        Size
       TinyTablePlus-0.9.tgz  ()             2000/04/13  14177 bytes

There is no comment if TinyTablePlus is a suggested successor of
TinyTable, no remark whether TinyTablePlus would for instance break
something like SquishDot or something else.

If for instance TinyTable would be depreciated I would just have to
file a bug report to the Debian bug tracking system.

While locking at the date and version number I also wonder if
TinyTablePlus will be futher develiped.

Kind regards

        Andreas.