[Zope] failure in lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py

Markus Pietrek mpietrek@fsforth.de
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:20:50 +0100

Hi,

> The trailing "/>" (as in "<br />") is correct for XHMTL. Though Zope could
> do even better and try to find out the HTML type (HTML 3.2, HTML 4,
> XHTML)that is being used. As it will not be a problem for any browsers to
> keep it as is, I consider it not a bug. In fact, all these "/>" were added
> on purpose to create XHTML-compatible code ...

Thank you. I don't know how Zope could check the HTML type generated. Isn't
it the responsability of the page designer to insert the relevant tags into
the page (e.g. standard_html_header)?

> > produces invalid HTML code (check it with http://validate.w3.org) as of
>
> the
>
> I guess you validated against HTML 4 or so, not against XHMTL ...

Yes, as it is my intention to use Zope as an Intranet server providing HTML 4
pages.

Bye,
--

Markus Pietrek