[Zope] call an object from within a product

Benjamin Buffereau benjamin.buffereau@enst-bretagne.fr
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:52:12 +0100

Hi there,

my question is probably quite stupid, but I can't find the answer anywhere: how
to call an object from a product? I would like to obtain exactly the same result
as if the object was called through the web or with dtml-var.

I wrote something like:

            #get the object
            object = self.unrestrictedTraverse(url)
            try:
                #Call the object as a DTML method
                htmlsource = localObject.__call__(object, REQUEST)
            except:
                #Call the object as a folder
                htmlsource = localObject.index_html.__call__(object, REQUEST)

This works for folders and DTML Methods, but not for images... I would like to
let ZPublisher do the work for me!