[Zope] forms: copying objects from request to request

Panos Hilaris philaris@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:08:46 +0200

I have the following problem:

I have a form in dtml documentA where there is some variable x and the
user gives some value to x, using the form. The dtml document associated
with the action of the form of DocumentA is called DocumentB. If the
submit button is pressed, DocumentB is loaded and the variable x is
visible from REQUEST. Let's say DocumentB has also a form in it where
there is some other variable (but not x). The form in DocumentB has
associated with the action another document, called DocumentC. If the
submit button is pressed DocumentC is loaded. Variables in form of
DocumentB are visible from DocumentC. However, variable x in form of
DocumentA is not visible from DocumentC. What should I do, in order to
use the value of variable x in DocumentC. I believe I must, somehow,
copy the value of x from REQUEST of A to B to the new REQUEST from B to C.

?hanks in advance,
Panos Hilaris