[Zope] Don't delete your users without care...

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:10:24 +0000 (UTC)

Just a little near-death experience I had here...

In a CMF site, thus in an acl_users not at the root, the CMF
administrator had a Manager account. This administrator created all the
site, skins, and so on. He also has an account at the root, with the
same password.

Now came the time for a cleanup, and deletion of the unneeded account in
CMF. Then everything went weird, the site mostly worked but acquisition
seemed to not find things, ZopeSecurityPolicy failed in validate (for
instance if I put standard_html_header besides the object I accessed it
worked, but if I left it in the skins it didn't)...

It finally dawned on me that all the skins and so on were owned by the
now nonexistent admin in the sub-acl_users, and that this caused all
those problems.

I re-added him. I probably could have "taken ownership" of all skins and
CMF machinery from the admin at the root but I wanted to play it safe.

Florent