[Zope] urgent stability problem on production site

Frank Tegtmeyer fte@lightwerk.com
30 Jan 2002 18:50:42 +0100

"Matthew T. Kromer" <matt@zope.com> writes:

> Frank, try starting Zope up single-threaded ( -t 1 ) and see if that
> helps; I'm nervous about a potential problem with the MySQLDA C
> libraries having thread-local data and switching threads leading to
> instability.

I have set this - now Zope doesn't want to die :) I will have to wait
for the next error to see the effect.

> We've had one customer who 'made the problems go away'
> when they ran single-threaded Zope.

Interesting - aren't the MySQL connections bound to a thread? YOu mean
there may be a bug at a lower level than mysql-python?

Regards, Frank
--
CTO   fte@Lightwerk.com         http://www.Lightwerk.com/
Fax: +49-2434-80 07 94           Phone: +49-2434-80 07 81