[Zope] transactions not supported by this server?

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:55:01 -0500

Greg Conway wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've just reinstalled MySQL, hopefully upping it to a later version, as I
>had some library problems (I have previously posted these, but have just
>managed to get it sorted!)
>
>Now, my Zope site (previously working) comes up with the following:
>
>Error Type: NotSupportedError
>Error Value: transactions not supported by this server
>
>Can anybody please tell me what this means so I can fixed what worked five
>mins ago!!!!
>
>thanks,
>
>Greg Conway.

If I recall, the MySQL connect string is prefixed by an optional + or -
to denote whether or not to connect to the server in transaction -
enabled mode.  Try putting a '-' in front of your connection string.

Note that this doesn't mean I recommend using a database without
transaction support -- but you'll be working again.