[Zope] Zclass methods and intermethod communication

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:50:11 +0100

Usually, I do not read HTML mails....

chrisf writes:
 > Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > chrisf writes:
 > >  > Lets say I start a new product and add Zclass, by the book.
 > >
 > > Do you call it on an instance or just try to call the DTML inside
 > > the class?
 > >
 > > It DOES work on an instance but this allows no prototyping.
When you follow the Meta-Class discussion on c.l.p, then you
will see that there is a big difference between methods operating
on a class and methods operating on a class instance.

The methods you define in a class are designed to operate on
instances not the class.

You can prototype: Create an instance and test the class' methods
there.

I stopped reading further...

Dieter