[Zope] Architecture Suggestions?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:36:56 -0500

[Richard Gordon]

> Does anyone see a big problem with this approach? And does anyone
> have experience with Lotus Notes in this type of project? I've never
> heard anything good about Domino server except that it was
> appropriately named, but....

Our company uses Notes/Domino on its internal and external web sites -
although I haven't worked with it myself - and it handles many more files of
all kinds than you mention without apparent trouble.  The Notes database, I
am told, has both relational and object features, and seems to be very
capable.  I have no idea how it would handle the relative links in the
documents.

Zope might well be a better solution, but Notes/Domino could be a real
contender if there is a way to handle the link problem.  It would take some
technical analysis, which might include the ability to keep using your
Python reporting stuff with minimal changes (a plus for Zope) vs whether
there is strong inhouse expertise in Notes.

Cheers,

Tom P