[Zope] Server Error Help

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:28:54 +0100

Todd Loomis writes:
 > I'm running RedHat with apache serving zope. Everything works great. But,
 > i'm using the program Extfile/ExImage for my documents. And when I upload a
 > file over 10mbs and then try to view the server hoses and I get a 500
 > server error message. The log file says timeout. Can anybody help ne to fix
 > fast.
Response 50x means "Internal Server Error".

This may mean, Zope died (and Apache generated the response code)
and the Zope application got an exception it could not transform
into a standard response code.

As I am a programmer, I would add a

   import traceback; traceback.print_exc()

in "ZPublisher.Publish.publish" after

   if transactions_manager: transactions_manager.abort()

This would print the exception to standard error, where I could
analyse it. Don't be worried if you see lots of exceptions.
Many exceptions (such as "redirect") do not really indicate problems.

Dieter