[Zope] SiteAccess b0rked my Zope

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:08:15 -0500

Adam Haberlach wrote:

>	So, last week I was here asking how I could get my virtualhosted
>intranet to show up correctly (ie, remove the 'intranet' that was getting
>prepended to the file portion of the absolute URLs).  Someone suggested
>SiteAccess, which looks to be exactly what I needed.  I put a SiteRoot
>object into what I think is the correct place, and now the intranet looks
>just like it should when I visit.
>
>	HOWEVER, now when I try to select the intranet's directory in the Zope
>management interface, it sems to refer me to the root directory instead.
>All the other ones seem to work correctly.  Since I cannot get into the
>intranet's directory, I cannot remove the SiteRoot rule, or even fix it.
>
>Any ideas?

A quick google search yields:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-October/118714.html

Which reads in part:

Two ways, and it's factored so that you can turn SiteAccess objects off more selectively.

First, you can turn all SiteRoots or Access Rules in your site off by restarting Zope with
environment variables SUPPRESS_SITEROOT and/or SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE set.

Second, you can insert _SUPPRESS_SITEROOT or _SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE in a URL right after the name of a
container that has one you want to suppress.  You can include both, in either order, if a folder has
both an Access Rule and a SiteRoot that you want to turn off.

--
Matt Kromer
Zope Corporation  http://www.zope.com/