[Zope] Migrating standalonge applications to Zope

Nicolas Rodriguez nicolas_r@conflia.gba.gov.ar
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:30:31 -0300

First of all I'll like to thank you all for all the info I got from this
list in the past two months.
I'm currently migrating a lot of standalone software I had made to Java and
I REALLY don't think the complications that the language dictate help me at
all. Thanks to this experience I resume my evaluation of Zope and I found
out that this enviroment may be better for me to use.
I realise that in Java I spend three to five times more effort that I did in
Visual Basic (for example).
Does anybody migrate/rewrite/build any "classical standalone" application in
Zope (accounting, payroll, data acquisition application, etc)? How much
effort did this took?

I appreciate any comments.
Thanks in advance,
Nico.-