[Zope] KeyError when HTMLFile returned from subobject of main instance

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 13:10:29 +0100

Following up to myself.

If I change to a DTMLFile, I get an AttributeError: aq_parent error
reported.  Don't know if that aids others in helping.

tim

ps. Am not really clear on the difference between DTMLFile and HTMLFile
except to guess that HTMLFile may behave like a DTML Document, while
DTMLFile is like a DTML Method.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Hicks
To: zope
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:19 PM
Subject: [Zope] KeyError when HTMLFile returned from subobject of main
instance

I have a product that takes various 'plugins' to actually provide the
functionality for the system.  Essentially, the main class provides an API
(along with various management methods and forms) that the plugins actually
implement.  I've based it on exUserFolder code.

I want to have TTW configuration of each plugin, which will necessarily be
different for each one.  To do so, I defined a method of the main class:

def manage_editConverterForm(self, REQUEST):
    """ """
    return self.currentConverter.manage_editConverterForm(self, REQUEST)

The problem is, I get 'KeyError' raised when zope reaches <dtml-var
manage_tabs> in the HTMLFile ('manage_editForm') defined in the
currentConverter object.  I presume it's because I'm not passing in the
correct arguments, but I don't know what they should be if not what I've
got.

Anyone with enlightenment?

tim