[Zope] KeyError when HTMLFile returned from subobject of main instance

Tim Hicks tim@sitefusion.co.uk
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:32:47 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Bush" <jason@nol.org>
To: "Tim Hicks" <tim@sitefusion.co.uk>
Cc: "zope" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] KeyError when HTMLFile returned from subobject of main
instance

> <dtml-var manage_tabs> are taken from the
> manage_options portion of your python code and set up the tabs across the
top
> of the
> management window.
>
> The following is taken from DTMLDocument.py:
>     manage_options=(
>         DTMLMethod.manage_options[:2] +
>         PropertyManager.manage_options +
>         DTMLMethod.manage_options[2:]
>         )
> and to create your own tabs use Key:Value pairs:
>    manage_options = (
>       {'label':'Edit', 'action': 'editContentForm'},
>       {'label':'View', 'action': 'index_html'},
>       {'label':'Properties', 'action': 'viewProperties'},
> Where the actions are dtml files in my_product folder.
> I am not sure if this answers your question or not (I'm still a
Zope/Python
> newbie)
> but it would seem that your KeyError would mean that Zope can not access
one
> of the items in the manage_options code.

Jason,

thanks for the reply.

You're right, zope cannot access manage_options, but it doesn't seem to be
able to access *anything* called using <dtml-var foo>.  I think the problem
is that I'm not calling the template correctly as HTMLFile instances that
are attached to the main class (i.e. not the plugin) are rendered perfectly.

cheers

tim

> Tim Hicks wrote:
>
> > Following up to myself.
> >
> > If I change to a DTMLFile, I get an AttributeError: aq_parent error
> > reported.  Don't know if that aids others in helping.
> >
> > tim
> >
> > ps. Am not really clear on the difference between DTMLFile and HTMLFile
> > except to guess that HTMLFile may behave like a DTML Document, while
> > DTMLFile is like a DTML Method.

API