[Zope] Re: Help from Brazil...

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman@dman.ddts.net
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:13:39 -0500

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 02:15:49AM -0300, PRODUTORALINK wrote:

| My name is Andr=E9 i'm from Brasil, congratulations about your services...
|=20
| I work with mac os 9.2 system, i know pc is better for internet,

No, UNIX is better for Internet :-).

| but i don't have money right know to buy a new computer,

No need.

| and i need to much a Content
| Management Systems good like yours, what a have to do?????? have a Content
| Management Systems with i rum in my G3 computer??? In your site i just see
| the exe and tgz files, what type of termination is tgz, i never heard
| before????????

It is a "gzipped tarball".  (more often the extension is written as
=2Etar.gz)  Those files are commonly created with the 'tar' and 'gzip'
commands (on a UNIX system), but the GNU implementation of tar can
handle the gzip part itself.  Tar files are usable on other platforms
as well as UNIX, but I am not familiar enough with MacOS (<X) to
recommend a tool for using them.

If you really like the MacOS stuff, then I highly recommend upgrading
to MacOS X.  I haven't used it personally, but it is a UNIX system at
the core and still includes the "usual" flashy Mac GUI elements.  It
is a major step up for MacOS (eg it finally has preemptive
multitasking, and AFAIK it has multi-user support (which in windows is
still rather bolted on the side as an after though)).

Otherwise I recommend learning and installing Debian
(http://www.debian.org).  Debian supports PPC based hardware, not just
x86.  However, I will forewarn you that UNIX isn't as "easy" as MacOS,
though in the end (for a power user or an admin or other tech) it is
much easier.

HTH,
-D

--=20

If Microsoft would build a car...
=2E.. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You
would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the car
windows, shut it off, restart it, and reopen the windows before you
could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
=20
http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB

--UHN/qo2QbUvPLonB--