[Zope] Tree tag problem

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:32:55 -0700

I know there is an active bug report on the tree tag using the sort option when not
all items in the current folder have a property and that propert is used as a sort
key...

My problem is a bit simpler --  I have a jested group of folders ( say A, B, and C)
enclosed in a folder (say OUTER).  The structure is

OUTER

which I am trying to render

<dtml-tree OUTER sort="displayOrder">
	<dtml-var title_and_id>
</dtml-tree>

I have set a property 'displayOrder" for each of the folders A, B, and C
using the ZMI.  (In the real world it gets set programmatically, but ...)

Assuming that the sorting were to occur, I want the order to be
B, C, A and have set the displayOrder values appropriately as strings.

Running the progam fragment in a wrapper generates the error:

	Attribute Error:
	displayOrder

with a reference in TreeTag.py where displayOrder is used in a getattr()
call.   Are properties not attributes of an object?  What's the problem?