[Zope] dtml-in over python script

Charlie Reiman creiman@kefta.com
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:02:27 -0700

I have a SQL query that I need to wrap in a Python script. Fine and dandy.
I'd like the results of the python call to be accessable with dtml-in but
with custom field/attribute names.

I other words, I want to be able to do this:

--- dtml ---
<dtml-in MyPythonScript>
<dtml-var favorite_food>
<dtml-var favorite_color>
</dtml-in>

And this:

--- MyPythonScript ---
rawresults = context.query_favorites()
results = []
for rawitem in rawresults:
  food, color = results[0].bigfield.split(',')
  results.append(???)

return results

----

What would I place in the ??? field? I've tried:

A dictionary ("{'favorite_food':food, 'favorite_color':color}").

An object (placing a small class in the script. Fails to create the object.)

I've also tried adding my attributes to the existing result objects but that
also fails.

Suggestions? This seems like it should be pretty easy.