[Zope] Is ZODB a true object database?

Russ rchaffin@mindspring.com
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 20:53:04 -0400

I'm both a novice at Zope as well as Python.
I'm learning both concurrently, and I'm impressed with everything I've
learned
so far. I see myself becoming a true-blue Zope/Python fan. I'm also new to
OOP, so I'm studying the principles of OOP as well.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is ZODB a true object-oriented database? If so, does this
    mean that all web items like pages, images, css files, etc.
    are stored only as objects in the ZODB?

2. I don't see any web file structure in the Zope program at all.
    Nothing like  a wwwroot directory exists anywhere on my PC
    under Zope. Does that mean that ALL objects created in Zope
    ONLY exist in the ZODB?   And does that also mean the only place I see
    the web file structure is when I log on to Zope on port 8080?

Just wanted to make sure I understand the underlying principles of Zope.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Russ Chaffin