[Zope] Newbie question on uploading/downloading files

Doug Chamberlin DChamberlin@AndoverSoftware.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:31:59 -0400

I have a test site running which extracts records from an external
database, displays them on a page, and allows updating of fields. So far so
good.

Now I need to provide a way for the user to upload a file, list what files
have been uploaded, and download a selected file. These files need to be
stored in the server's file system (Windows 2000) and each is related to a
record in the database by a primary key value (which is an integer).

My strategy is to create a sub directory in the file system for each
record, as it is being created, which is the primary key value. All
associated uploads will go into that sub directory.

First question is how do I create a sub directory in the server's file system?

I have looked at the localFS product intending to pull techniques from it
but I've just gotten more confused as I look at it. Any pointers to
specific examples which would be better to look at? Any HowTo's which cover
this stuff?