[Zope] Newbie question on uploading/downloading files

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 13:58:52 -0500

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 02:31:59PM -0400, Doug Chamberlin wrote:

> First question is how do I create a sub directory in the server's file
> system?

Unless LocalFS allows for creation of new directories, this will
almost definitely require an External Method. You should be able to do
anything in an External Method that the Zope user on your system could
do in a shell.

As far as serving out the files, I think LocalFS is probably your best
bet. ExtFile and ExtImage appear to be best suited for access to
individual files, not a whole directory tree.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu