[Zope] SQL Error Handling from a Python Script

Colin Fox cfox@cfconsulting.ca
09 Jul 2002 16:28:01 -0700

--=-lIjQvr93N52jMEtzYz6o

I'd like to have some detailed error handling within my python script.

Unfortunately, I can't find any information whatsoever about errors or
error handling. No index, no appendix, nothing. Searching for errors
turns up very little.

It would be nice if the various components of Zope (and Zope itself) had
a comprehensive set of documents (in an easy to find place) that
described all the errors and how you catch them. Or even just a brief
list of the errors, and what classes they were, so you could hack around
and figure it out.

So far, I can tell that if a ZSQL object has an error, it throws an
exception that is at least based on StandardError. But I don't know
exactly what exception it is, and I don't know how I can pull anything
intelligent out of it other than it's string representation.

Can anyone please help? I think parsing the error string would be a
silly way to have to go.

Thanks!
  Colin

--=20
Colin Fox                                         cfox@cfconsulting.ca
CF Consulting Inc.                                    GPG Fingerprint:
                    D8F0 84E7 E7CC 5C6C 9982  F1A7 A3EB 6EA3 BC97 572F

--=-lIjQvr93N52jMEtzYz6o

--=-lIjQvr93N52jMEtzYz6o--