[Zope] DTML, Zope and Regex

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:17:14 +0100

well, external methods are python scripts with no safety measures at
all, so are potentially much more unsafe than any use of regexps in a
python script. So I'd say it's better to allow the re module in your
python scripts (see my previous post) than resort to external methods.

but I also haven't come across a reason to consider regexps unsafe. I'm
sure it's been discussed here before - could someone point us to a post
on this subject, pls ?