[Zope] ange-ftp to zope 8021 in emacs 21

Jason Earl jason.earl@simplot.com
10 Jul 2002 13:50:09 -0600

John Hunter <jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu> writes:

> Is anyone having success with ange-ftp in emacs 21 using the zope ftp
> server?  It worked fine for me in emacs 20.7, but in 21.2, when I try
> save-buffer, I get the error:
>
>   byte-code: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell
>
> I have successfully edited and saved files via ange-ftp with other ftp
> servers, so it seems to be some combination of the recent version of
> ange-ftp/emacs with the zope ftp server (and perhaps others).
>
> I posted to gnu.emacs.bug, but am wondering if anyone else has
> encountered success or failure with this combination, and more
> important, has any suggestions for how to fix it.
>
> Thanks,
> John Hunter
>
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
> Zope 2.5.1b1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)

jearl@npa01zz001:~$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 21.2.1
GNU Emacs comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
You may redistribute copies of Emacs
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

 Zope Version
(Zope 2.5.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, linux2)

It seems to work here just fine.  Are you sure you are not firing up
one of your own keyboard macro?

Jason