[Zope] Re: WebDAV Functionality Question

matt carey matt@textmatters.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:48:31 +0100

On Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at 08:15 PM, zope-request@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 11
> [snip]
>
> Hello,
>
> I have Zope (2.5.1) installed and have the WebDAV server set up
> ( -W 8088)
> and working.  I am using win2k web folders to connect to the
> webdav server.
> I can connect and browse just fine, but I get an error when I try
> copy a
> file from my win2k box to the server.  Has anyone found a way
> around this.
> Thanks.
>
> Patrick

remember to check what port you are connecting to, as you can't use
the same port as what zope uses to serve. i.e. if we have a site
running off port 11000, we webdav to 11001.

we have webdav connecting on win2k and it works fine. don't get me
started on mac os 10.1 and its webdav implementation...

oh all right then! we had problems with copying a file (using
webdav) to the machines hard disc, doing an edit (in bbedit), then
copying it back. the file was a dtml method, but when it copies
back it becomes a standard file -- it looses its zope-ness. this
was using the built in mac 10.1 webdav. if we use goliath (a mac
webdav client which is free from www.webdav.org), it works! sort it
out apple!!

cheers

Matt Carey
Text Matters
37 Upper Redlands Road,            Information design:
Reading RG1 5JE, UK                We help explain things using
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313                .language
fax   +44 (0)118 931 3743                .design
email matt@textmatters.com               .systems
web   http://www.textmatters.com         .process