[Zope] Zope+Photo Product

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:48:12 +0200

> I have installed Zope and Photo Product.I have CMF installed in zope.
> Photo requires ImageMagick,which i had installed.
> I am using Linux OS.
> I am using Photo Product inside CMF Site.
> Through 'Manager' Role i am able to upload a photo.
> But i am not quite sure as to how to use this Photo product.
> Lets say,I want to build an Image Galary with 'Manager' Role, then how will
> i let 'Member' User see it.
> If there is some example of building Photo gallary,please let me know.

CMFPhoto, http://www.zope.org/Members/magnus/CMFPhoto is a CMF wrapper
object for the Photo product. The included skins are for plone, but
there is nothing stopping you from writing own skins for it.

CMFPhoto is now hosted at CMF Collective,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/collective/, where I am in the process
of rewriting the whole thing. The new CMFPhoto is based on
CMFDefault.Image, and does not use the Photo product. Scaled images are
stored in a OOBTree.

It still uses ImageMagick. New feature include image rotation and
slideshow. I plan enable more. (you can do quite a but with imagemagick).

You can get current shapshot from here;
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/collective/CMFPhoto/

It's a moving target at the moment, but it's working. The skins need a
bit of refactoring before they are finnished.

I plan to release it within the next days. The included skin is for plone.

/Magnus Heino