[Zope] DTML, Zope and Regex

Julian Melville jmelville@selectaustralasia.com.au
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:05:27 +1000

> > > DTML will be around probably forever.
> >
> > joy!
>=20
> It's not a joy. It's SLOW.

Maybe, but who cares? It's not _that_ slow,  and it's very rapid from a =
developer-hours POV to assemble uncomplicated sites with DTML if you =
take account of it's limitations. (And hey, I'm running Zope on a =
dual-2.2 Ghz Xeon server... frankly, page rendering times are just not =
something I notice :-)=20

I can see the point of ZPT for more complex applications, but it's =
really going to take me some time to get my head around that syntax. =
Therefore for now, DTML is perfectly fine. I'm happy to hear it's going =
to remain.

 Julian.