[Zope] Publish static html out of local zope

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:42:05 -0500

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:53:44PM +0200, Uwe Twelker wrote:

> Well so far I do this by hand. I would like to throw the new jpegs
> in the weekly folder, zope looks up who is there and generates the
> new overview and the html-pages with the real things - and then I
> want to have a button to upload the parsed static html-pages to the
> online site.

There's certainly no button in standard Zope to do static mirroring of
the site. What most people have recommended in the past is using wget
(a web-mirroring program) to make a copy of the site and store it in
static files.

The howto posted at http://www.zope.org/Members/hdw/Tip/wget/ appears
to be accurate, but I've not tested it myself.

A google search for 'Zope static copy' had
http://vsbabu.org/techbits/zope4static2.html toward the top of the
list, though it appears quite a bit more common than the wget method
above. The author claims that wget wouldn't do some needed things, but
doesn't give details on what those things are.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu