[Zope] DTMLDocumentExt and Versions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:30:22 +0100

Maik Jablonski wrote:

> When a user edits a document in a version, the Catalog will be updated
> in this version. If the next user wants to edit another document he gets
> an "VersionLockError" because the Catalog is locked by the version of
> the previous user. So versions won't work with DTMLDocumentExt if more
> than one version is in use.
>
> any suggestions or workarounds?

Version, IMHO, were an experimental approah to revision control. The ycan work
for simple sites (read non-indexed ones) or sites where there is only one
content author. But, as you've found out, I'd recommend you don't use them in
otyher situations or you will run into problems.

Shane's CMFStaging stuff for the CMF looks quite interesting and may be of use
to you here...

cheers,

Chris