[Zope] NeoBoard - Stupid Newbie Questions

Philip Kilner zope@zope.org
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:26:28 +0100

Hi Eddie,

In article <VA.00000b5d.1056a304@roadrunner.uk.com>, Eddie Butcher wrote:
> I've just taken a look at NeoBoard and it looks good. The first thing I did though was
> "html_quote" the message output to stop people putting in URls. IMHO this is very
> necessary to stop people putting in links to large remote images. This messed up the
> message itself though :(. So more tinkering to be done.

I too was a little bit concerned about various forms of "HTML Abuse", although I haven't
actually made it do anything horrible yet.

Wankyu, have you had a look at Strip-o-gram?

   http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/StripOGram

> Next I'd like to make the "allow user to post attachment" an on/off option when setting up
> the board.

Sensible refinement.

> Unfortunately I can't access www.neoboard.net from here as I'm behind a firewall that
> appears to have no access to remote port 8080. :-(

Downer - although, to be fair, there's not /that/ much there yet...

BTW, thought the STD code looked familiar - was in Elstree on business only the other week!
Greetings from currently sub-tropical North Yorkshire!

Cheers,

PhilK