[Zope] Cataloging external documents (word, pdf, excel...)

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:27:52 +0200

  Hi!

  I would like to know if it is possible to catalog in Zope some
documents (word, pdf, excel...) that are in the local hard disk, not in
the ZODB. I've been looking round zope.org and I found some products
(ZCatalog, Kaivo Document Library, MSWordDocument, etc.), but I am not
sure if they can catalog external documents and if they can catalog
non-html documents such as word, excel, pdf, powerpoint, etc. I thought
I could just ask the list for help, instead of wasting some hours
installing and trying them. Can anyone help me?

  Thanks in advance,

					Igor Leturia