[Zope] No mod_proxy, can I still use Zope behind Apache?

felix@chaptereight.com felix@chaptereight.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:10:57 +0100

I would like to get Zope pages served transparently from a mainly
Apache-based site - all I have access to are .htaccess files, so I've
created a ~/public_html/zope directory and tried to put a RewriteRule
entry in a .htaccess file there to send things to zope at port 8080.

But I don't know exactly how to construct the rewrite rules and the
Apache examples on zope.org seem to require mod_proxy as well as
mod_rewrite.  Sadly, only mod_rewrite is available on the server.

I did also try to use the PCGI script, but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Felix.