[Zope] FrameSet as index_html

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:56:35 +0200

Andy Yates writes:
 > I do not understand the following behavior.  Why is this happening and is there a workaround?
 >
 > Let's say I have the following structure:
 >
 > /foo
 > 	/bar
 > 		index_html
 > 		AFrame_html
 > 		BFrame_html
 >
 > index_html is a frame set that includes two frames, AFrame_html and BFrame_html.  If I point my browser to /foo/bar/ everything works fine.  However, if I leave off the trailing slash and access /foo/bar the frame set loads but the two frames show site errors.  One shows "Cannot locate object at /foo/AFrame_html" and the other shows "Cannot locate object at /foo/BFrame_html."
That is a problem with relative URLs.

Zope automatically extends your URL from "/foo/bar" to "/foo/bar/index_html".
It tries to inform the browser of this URL change by setting
a "base" tag such that the browser can resolve relative URLs correctly.

Apparently, this does not work. This may have several causes:

  *  your "index_html" has already a "base" tag

  *  your "index_html" does not have a "head" element

  *  your "index_html" is somewhat strange, such that the
     regular expression use to find the "head" element fails.

Dieter