[Zope] overload __getattr__ in brains-class?

Jo Meder jo@meder.de
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:00:25 +0200

Situation: I'm developing a product where some attributes come from
one bunch of SQL-tables and some additional info is obtained by other
means.

The idea was to create a brain-class and overwrite __getattr__ to return
the correct values from the different sources according to what key the
application asked for.

The objects are created (just like in DA.py) via

	objects=Results.Results(result,brain,parent,None)

Now whatever I try, either some other __getattr__ seems to be called
since I can get none of my "simulated" attributes to show up.

Is it at all possible to do what I want to? Did I take a wrong turn
somewhere way back?

Any hints are appreciated.

	Jo.

--