[Zope] Looking for What's New documents

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:50:46 -0700

With each new release of Python there is a very useful "What's new in
Python xxx" document.  Is there anything similar for Zope?  I haven't
been paying attention for awhile, and would like an easy way to catch
up.

The changes.txt contains some hints, but it seems to have several
weaknesses: lots of irrelevant info, not enough info on how to use key
changes, and it's not clear it has everything.

The first example is the new session management.  This is referred to
in changes.txt, and there is some API documentation.  But a little
"this is how you use it" would be very helpful.

Second, the security framework has changed (I think).
__ac_permissions__ is out, SecurityInfo is in.  I found a page on the
wiki giving a vision statement, and the Zope Dev Guide illustrates its
use.  The page also describes how the old and the new might interact.
First, I have no way of knowing how accurately the "vision statement"
reflects what actually got translated into action.  Second, I would
like to have this information either part of the distribution, or more
accessible.

And, of course, I wonder what else I've missed.