[Zope] How to manage chapter-based documentation?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:41:48 -0400

> http://backtalk.sourceforge.net/>
> Incidentally, I have sent an email to Chris McDonough a few weeks
back
> about a partial mod of backtalk I have done that uses
ReStructuredText
> (http://docutils.sourceforge.net/) instead of the Zope
StructuredText
> (which has lots of problems IMO). Chris did acknowledge my email
but
> never got back to me, and I haven't worked on it since then
either, but
> if someone is interested, let me know and I'll post what I did so
far
> somewhere.

Yikes, yes, sorry.... I apologize for not getting back to you!  Do
you think you would be interested in creating a "modal" BackTalk
where you could switch between restructuredtext and classic stx?  If
so, I would be happy to give you contributor access to the
sourceforge project.  We have a lot of documents in BackTalk that
depend on the (mis?)-features of classic stx, so to replace the
classic-stx-based implementation with a restructuredtext
implementation wholesale is less than desirable, but I have no
problem giving people the choice on a per-book or per-document basis
whether they'd like to use stx or re-stx.

Thanks again,

- C